PCDA(O) Pune website- Principle Controller Defence accounts (Officers), the salary disbursing agency for Indian Army officers, based in Pune, has got hacked Pcdaopune.gov.in , and all data of Indian army officers, their details compromised.
Sources say pointers are towards Pakistan. Salary reached officers a little late this month, and the website is not opening. This has created chaos and confusion inside.
A source said, "Data like bank details, name, number, unit, bank details, addresses, which officer is what unit etc etc, have all been compromised."
But PCDA has not been an organisation without its own share of problems. Other grievances of Indian Army officers against PCDA are as follows:
1. PCDA(O) Pune's functioning is at its lowest ebb at present since its inception. The staff is so oblivious to the Officers concerns that one just cant fathom.
2. The letters sent from unit are not received even if you have got them delivered at the reception. There is only one reply 'we have not recd it'.
3. If at all they receive by God's mercy, no action or over delayed action is taken.First n easiest thing to do on receipt of claims is to return them with observations.
4. These observations are like XYZ thing not attached when it is very much there but may be in last few pages which the Clerk has not even bothered to turn over.
5. No one picks up the phone when you want to speak to your account Officer. If at all they pick up they are as confused about a query as the officers themselves.
6. Their web portal is more problematic now (this is before the hacking came to light).
7. The grievances are never replied forget about the action, simple thing as change of DSOP is not even acknowledged.
8. The hard copies of payslips were stopped with our consent and now soft copies have been stopped with no one's consent.
9. Password protection of payslip is no more there.
10. There are differences in arrears of different sections on same account.
11. Every officer has to almost plead for what is authorised to him, which should automatically happen.
12. Approx 11000 cases for anomaly or revision of pay scales, upgradation etc remain pending at all times, which should be automatically rectified .
13. The staff employed in CDA Vs Army offrs ratio is 1 : 34, which implies that on average each CDA employee handles only 34 offrs in a month! That too in this age of automation. It takes at least 3 to 4 months for fructification of a financial anomaly related to what is authorised to an officer.
Rather than CDA detecting anomaly, it is left to the officer to point it out and fight for his authorised dues. Ironical!
The aim behind creating such a VAST organisation of CDA was to ensure that each officer gets his due automatically without bothering about his finances so that he concentrates on his profession, which has been lost sight of.
The situation is very pathetic and needs immediate solution and complete overhaul.